- Spray nonstick cooking spray on your snow shovel to help keep the snow from sticking to the shovel.
- Shovel the street to the left of your driveway to make a smaller line of snow blocking your driveway when your street gets plowed.
- Shovel your sidewalk/driveway as soon as you can after the snow has stopped. It's lighter than waiting until the snow has melted and refroze.
- Fill your car's gas tank before the storm. The extra weight helps get you traction when driving in ice and snow.
- Put a bag of kitty litter in your trunk. Again, the extra weight is useful, plus you can use the litter to help get you out of an icy spot when your wheels are spinning.
- Pull into your driveway or a parking space backwards. If you need to get jump-started (or towed!) it's better for the tow truck to have access to the front of your car.
Welcome to the Cave Spring Volunteer Rescue Squad in Roanoke, VA.
We hope that you will find the content here informative and educational.
If you have a desire to give something back to your community and think this might be for you, give us a call at 540-772-2943 or click here Members Wanted.
Hosted at: Cave Spring Volunteer Rescue Squad 3206 Valley Forge Ave, Roanoke, VA 24018
Registration meeting: January 13, 2015 at 6:30 pm
Course start date: January 20, 2015 at 6:30 pm
State test date: May 16, 2015 (anticipated)
Class dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm with occasional Saturdays
Text: Prehospital Emergency Care 10th Edition by Mistovich, Karren and Hafen
Fees: $200 for course (includes text book, on-line content, supplies) due on first day with additional $50 state test fee due by April 21, 2015
- At least 16 years of age as of January 19, 2015
- Hold current CPR card in approved course
For more information:
Call: (540) 772-2943
Following flavors are available:
Order today, only available till March 26th. $3 each, call 540-772-2943 to reserve yours today!